International Society For Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery

Back to 2019 Posters

Direct Intralesional Diode Laser Vaporisation Of Extensive Venous Malformations With Oropharyngeal Involvement In The Head And Neck.
Rasul Sadykov, Muhammadali Karimov, Shoira Mahamadaminova.
Tashkent medical Adacemy, Tashkent, Uzbekistan.

Background. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the safety and efficacy of direct inralesional diode laser voporisation for venous malformations (VMs) with oropharyngeal involvement after a temporary tracheotomy. Methods. A retrospective assessment was carried out to evaluate the efficacy of direct intralesional diode laser vaporisation on 21 consecutive patients presenting with extensive VMs involving the oropharynx in the head and neck and who had undergone tracheotomy. Results. Of the 21 patients, 4 were treated once and 17 were treated from 2 to 5 times. The duration of follow-up was, on average, 9.1 months. Of the 21 patients, 11 (53.3%) had complete palliation, whereas the rest (46.7%) achieved partial palliation. Minor complications occurred in 12 of the 21 patients. Conclusion. Direct intralesional diode laser vaporisation after a temporary tracheotomy is a safe and effective treatment for extensive VMs involving oropharyngeal areas of the head and neck.

Back to 2019 Posters
Brooklyn Bridge
New York City Skyline
Statue of Liberty
Radio City Music Hall
By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy.  Got it